2009年4月8日星期三

The Arctic Coastal Plains

The Arctic Coastal Plains is another region of Canada.
The region in Canada is in the north so this area has cold and snowy winters.
It is different from the Appalachian Region. The Yukon Territories, Northwest Territories and Nunavut have a little bit of this region!





Questions:1. From the website, what animals are found in this region? List three animals.
I can find wolves , arctic foxes and polar bears.


2. Find a picture for one animal in this region. Choose one from Question 1.


Cute polar bear!

3. What kind of vegetation is found in this region? List three plants.
I can find grasses,lichens and mosses.
4. Find a picture for one plant in this region. Choose one from Question 3.


mosses

5. Is this region different from the Appalachian region? Tell me one thing that is different.

Appalachian is plateau, The Arctic Coastal is plain.

6. Find a picture of the Yukon Territories.

Yukon river

7. Find a picture of Nunavut.

Nunavut

8. Find a picture of the Northwest Territories.



9. How would you feel if you had to live in this region? (3-5 sentences)

It is in the north side of Canada,arctic pole maybe... So I must feel very cold. But I still love it because I like those lovely animals, especially polar bears and arctic foxes. In Alaska, it's easy to see sunset and sunrise,in winter,it is dark for months. This unusual habit may make me crazy.

10. If you had to go to the Arctic Coastal Plains, what would you bring with you? (3-5 sentences)

For the freezing temperature, I must bring my coat-the thickest one. Also like boots and those stuffs that can keep me warm. I would bring camera also, to record my fantastic trip. Also some first-aid medicine... I'm afraid of wolves.

Bonus

1. Why is learning about different regions in Canada important?

Because it's all about Canada. Maybe i will go to Canada one day, at that time, these regions are good spots for me. As we are learning about these regions, we are coming closer to Canada.

3 条评论:

  1. Amazing blog.
    Keep up the good work!

    Ms. Yu

    回复删除
  2. 10/10

    A very informative entry! I think the polar bear is very cute!

    回复删除